Saturday, February 9, 2013

Water Tracking: Success and a New Juice Fast

Well, my 30 day water tracking experiment is a success! I did not miss a single day of tracking. I did miss one day of drinking water at all (yikes!) but my only requirement was that I track the water.

See the images below - success!!!

January Water Tracking began on Jan 10

February tracking until tomorrow

Water tracking as a habit

I tracked everything perfectly, and I will continue to do so. But even more important than tracking it, I created a new habit. Every time I finish my water bottle, I get a craving to mark my water consumption. The key to this, I believe, is the progress bar which fills up as I mark it off.

So now, when I finish my bottle, my mind wants to fill up this progress bar. This follows the habit loop outlined in The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (which I highly recommend as a read). I never intended to  create a habit - but that is what happened.

My intention was to track something easy, to get a head start on my life tracking. I have previously tried to track just about everything related to health (for the full list, see my previous post: New 30 Day Challenge: Tracking Water Intake). This was the first step in building up my tracking ecosystem.

What's next?

The next thing I plan on tracking is my weight. Daily tracking. However, before I do that, I will be taking off on a Juice fast! I will be doing a 5 day juice fast, which will lead me to clearer skin, better energy, a clearer mind, etc. 

To keep this post manageable, I will post later today what the plan for the juice fast is (I began it this morning, actually) and I will track my progress daily (hey, what's 5 days?)

As a sample, here's what my first juice looks like:

A beautiful Ruby Red

No comments:

Post a Comment