Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finally, a New Challenge! Reading Every Day

So, I completely fell off the wagon with my blogging. I did complete the "No processed or refined carbs" challenge. It didn't stick, but it was very eye opening. My co-workers hated me, pretty much, because I was being difficult.

I'm still difficult - I don't eat meat anymore. Not by choice...I just had a sudden, unexpected aversion to meat. It all happened one day at the grocery store, and I haven't had the desire to eat any meat since.

I'll keep this one short, 'cause I know you probably don't have a ton of time to read this :)

My new challenge is


Read at least 30 minutes every day


Now, my goal is for one hour, as I've done that before, but I figure for 30 days, I can take it nice and easy and go for a 30 minute minimum. It can be anything, as long as it's not for work.

1. Magazines (I like Men's Health, GQ, and Entrepreneur)
2. Books
3. Educational Electronic Reading

I recently bought a Kindle, so I can buy lots of books for free! I just downloaded a couple of Nietzsche books that I'm looking forward to reading. I'm also going to read a few physics books.

Today, I read Men's Health, and finished it. It's a great magazine. I learned quite a bit...but I'm too tired to tell you about it, so I'll just say: Sometimes the best medicine is to take a smoothie made from Saline and Poop.

Last night, I finished a great book about Vagabonding - I hope I can take off for a few months at some point! That would be fantastic :) It was called Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts





It was a great book. I'm going to leave it at this, and I'll tell you more about what I'm reading tomorrow. Maybe Nietzsche, maybe Michio Kaku, and maybe, just maybe, some J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment