Monday, October 31, 2011

The One that starts it all

I am starting this blog for a few reasons.
  1. I like to write for fun sometimes
  2. I wanted to try out this sweet new "30 day challenges" concept
  3. I love to live life to its fullest!
So I am taking the advice of Matt Cutts, who gave a great TED Talk in March of 2011. His concept is simple: Try anything for 30 days. Easy enough? Maybe not, but we shall certainly see. If you'd like to hear Matt's talk, I have embedded it in this post, or you can go watch it here.





I see this as a great method for enacting small changes in your world - changes that will really stick.

Here's How I'll do it
  • I will have at least one 30 day challenge going on at any point in time
  • At the beginning of each challenge, I'll identify:
    • The challenge
    • Foreseeable difficulties
    • Substitutions (if I'm giving up something for 30 days)
    • Desired impact
    • Expected level of difficulty
  • Then, at the end of each challenge, I'll identify
    • Actual difficulty of the challenge
    • Difficulties faced
    • Lessons learned
    • Whether I believe I will continue the behavior after the the 30 days is complete
  • And of course, there will be updates in between, telling of my progress in the challenge

So, without further adieu, I believe I will get going on my 30 day challenges!



No comments:

Post a Comment